What is Counselling?
Christine Bennett Consulting is committed to facilitating and supporting positive change.
Is this you?
- Do you feel "down" more often than you feel on top of things?
- Do you struggle to face each new day?
- Do you find it hard to juggle family, work and social commitments?
- Are you finding it hard to be an effective parent as well as a loving partner?
- Do your moods change quickly for no apparent reason?
- Have you lost a loved one recently through separation or death?
- Do you lack the confidence that you admire in others?
- Are you able to get your needs met in relationship to others?
- Is your temper landing you in trouble with the law, your career, friends or family?
- Do you have a sense that your mental health could be better?
- Have you ever been the victim or alleged perpetrator of bullying?
- Have you suffered from a work related injury or retrenchment and would like help returning to work?
Counselling involves a process of change so that you may achieve a desired state or outcome.
Counselling is sometimes referred to as "the talking cure". Simply having someone who is impartial hear your story can be helpful. Having your story and feelings validated is an important step towards establishing healthy self esteem.
Development of a healthy self esteem occurs substantially in the first seven years of life and is often lacking in a world where parents are time poor and struggling with their own concerns.
A counsellor's role is to facilitate your process of change by helping identify what options may be available to you. Any decisions you make are yours, as it is beyond the boundaries of a counsellor to offer advice.
The focus in a counselling session is usually on a specific issue such as and not limited to:
- Relationship difficulties
- Poor self esteem
- Grief and Loss
How do you choose a counsellor?
It is important that you check a counsellor's credentials to ensure you will receive help form a well qualified professional with experience in the area where you need help.
Your consultant Christine Bennett has over 20 years' exerience and expertise. For more information please visit: